Sunday 14 October 2012

What's In My Bathroom - No7 Luxurious Foaming Shower Oil

Firstly sorry for the photo but this was a bugger to photograph and this was the best (yes you read that right best) of a very bad bunch, did try different settings and lighting.  Anyway I bought this after last Christmas as it was part of a No7 gift set that was on sale. I have never tried any shower oils before but was tempted by the word luxurious and the description 'an indulgent in-shower treat, containing  nourishing Argan and Grapeseed Oils for soft, supple skin.'

As I said I was tempted by the word luxurious and was expecting some heady gorgeous scent well this just smells like oil really, no real scent which I guess could be a blessing in disguise, it doesn't compete with your perfume and is very unisex.  Now onto the other gripe I have with the name - foaming yes it does foam if you use a lot (and I mean a lot) on a body puff but otherwise there isn't much of a lather. I personally I think this should be renamed No7 Shower Oil.

Moan over about the name this has done wonders for my skin especially on my arms, as on the top of my arms I have lots of small hard dry pimples which no amount of scrubbing gets rid of.  Since using this I have noticed that they have got much better and my skin isn't as dry.  I have still been using my Body Shop Lychee Blossom Body Butter on my arms but after using this my skin doesn't feel like it needs moisturising anywhere else.

I was concerned that using an oil in the shower would cause me to slip and break my neck and there is a caution about surfaces becoming slippery on the back but I've not noticed it being any more dangerous then normal which is always good.

Since I bought this the packaging has changed but I assume the product is still the same and can be bought from boots.com for £9.95

I think that this is the perfect shower product for Autumn/Winter when your skin needs more moisture, I think it is a bit pricey and won't rush out to buy as I do have a lot of shower products to use up but will definitely look out for this if its on offer.

Has anyone else tried any other shower oils?

No comments:

Post a Comment