Wednesday 30 January 2013

January Favourites

God it has been months since I posted a monthly favourite post but here are my January plus maybe a few from December.

I have been loving Maddox Street by Nails Inc this month I haven't really worn anything else on my fingers. I think that this looks amazing with my slightly faded black jeans which I have been wearing to death - hence the fading. Hopefully when the spring hits I will be lusting after something lighter or brighter or I might actually have a problem.

Another product I can't get enough of this month has been Treacle Moon Warm Cinnamon Nights it smells divine and find myself randomly sniffing the bottle when I go into the bathroom.  I don't know if these are still available in my local Tesco but if they are I might have to buy another one.

I have also fallen head over heals for the Dr Jart+ Regenerating BB cream, I still haven't bought the full size yet and it is even on offer at the moment in boots.com but am desperately trying to use up my Benefit tinted moisturiser first as I know I won't touch it again if I buy this.  I know most people wear heavier foundations in the winter but my skin has been so dry this winter  I wanted to give my poor parched skin some additional moisture. Although think I may have found the answers to my skin prayers but will keep you posted.

My last beauty favourite is this gorgeous little palette I got from my best friend I think the Christmas before last (or maybe my birthday) The shades are all shimmery and think the selection of neutral shades is really good. There are a couple of more dramatic shades for a evening out or for those a bit more daring. I have been wearing daily for work and have been impressed by the pigmentation and staying power. I do need to use a primer but I have really oily lids. Maybe if I am feeling brave I will do a FOTD post.
My favourite song recently has been Diamonds by Alex Goot I again prefer his cover to the original and must have listened to it at least a hundred times. I wish I could sing, in my head I sound like Julia on this track but I have been informed that I sound more like a dying cat!

My favourite blog I have discovered in the last few months is missbudgetbeauty.co.uk she seems so down to earth and I am so envious of her make up collection. Oh and her son Milo is so cute too.

My last favourite is an app for my iPad Mini. I was very lucky to be given my iPad mini as an unexpected Christmas present and was seriously excited to try it out but must admit I am a bit disappointed.  I mainly use the internet for watching YouTube and reading blogs.  I have no issues with YouTube but the find the two apps I have for blogging awful. They are Bloglovin' which was my preferred method for following blogs and Blogger.  Has anyone else got any better apps for reading and writing blogs? 

I seemed to have gone off topic I do love iBooks so far I have only downloaded Emma by Jane Austen which I will finish one day and The Great Gatsby as really want to read the book before seeing the film.  I was dubious about the app as have heard a lot of people say that it isn't great for reading for long periods on the iPad due to the bright screen and that I would be better to get a bog standard Kindle but so far so good.  I am hoping that I will be able to really start and make head way on The Big Read as many of the books are free.

What are you favourite apps?

No comments:

Post a Comment