Friday 15 February 2013

Freebie Friday - Jemma Kidd i-define Volumising Mascara

Have been debating whether or not to post this review as Jemma Kidd make up is being discontinued but thought I would share my thoughts anyway.  This is the first Jemma Kidd product I have tried and got with the December issue of Marie Claire. I do love the packaging and the size of the sample however its what's inside that counts.
The wand is a classic fibre brush which applies plently of the product, along with a large dollop at the end!! I did notice a slight whiff when applying but I think I might be more sensitive to smells then I realised. When applied I wasn't blown away by the results the best way I can describe the end result was spidery, kind of long and a bit messy looking. 

My biggest issue with the mascara is longevity and removal, I had been wearing the mascara for a couple of hours when I noticed that it had start to flake and crumble and there were tiny specks of black over my face. I wiped them off, but more of the buggers were back in a few hours.  This was nothing compared to the mess when I removed. I have never used a mascara that crumbles everywhere on removal, until now!

Due to these issues I will be throwing this out as I can only imagine it will get worse with time.

I am now on the hunt for a new mascara I have one more freebie to try and then I will be hitting the shops I love the Lancome Hypnose Star but not the price, has anyone got any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment