Monday 29 April 2013

The Big Read - The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald #1

My aim to get through the BBC's Big Read has gotten off to a slow start, not only has it taken me ten years to start but also only read one book since my original post in August, which you can read here

I have been inspired to start reading The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald after seeing the trailer for the new film which you can check out here. I can't wait to see the movie, I love the fashion, hair and make up of the 1920's and the cast looks amazing. Any way back to the book I have never read or watched any adaptation of the book, so thought for a change I would read the book first.

I have downloaded onto my iPad mini and was pleasantly surprised that it only has 173 pages so should finish before the film is released on 16th May.

I downloaded my version using the iBooks app for free but can be bought via amazon.co.uk in either paper copy or for your Kindle

Although this was number 43 I don't know anyone other then my mum who has read the book and she gave less then a glowing review.

Have any of you read the book or as excited as I am by the trailer?

No comments:

Post a Comment