Monday 16 September 2013

Mini Monday - L'Occitane Ultra Rich Body Lotion

I bought this as part of a gift set absolutely ages ago. I had high hopes for this after watching too much QVC. Does anyone have to ban themselves from watching their beauty shows?  And don't get me started on what I have to do to avoid their Nail Inc shows.

Anyway back to the product the scent surprised me I don't know what I expected, but to me this just smells like soap. I think I was expecting something a bit more luxurious to go along with the price tag, as this is not cheap.  That said the scent is very unisex and non offensive. 

Talking of unisex my boyfriend really likes this. No he doesn't moisturize his body but one evening he had a really sore back so I used this to give him a back rub. I am not sure how much I helped but he did comment on how nice this was.

I was also expecting this to be a lot thicker and difficult to work into the skin. In fact this is easy to smooth over the skin as a little goes a long way. It doesn't sink in very quickly and does leave a somewhat greasy residue on the skin. I don't find the residue unpleasant I just wouldn't recommend putting skinny jeans on after using this.

Overall I like the product and do think that it leaves my skin soft and smooth but I wouldn't purchase the full size. If I was going to spend £20 on a body lotion I would get the Molton Brown Coco De Mer Body Lotion which is £2 cheaper for 50ml more and smells amazing.

This is available from feelunique.com for £20 for 250ml

No comments:

Post a Comment