Monday 21 October 2013

Mini Monday - Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Creme

I got this at the beginning of the year, you can read the post I hauled it in here. I had high hopes for this after falling in love with their Advanced Night Repair, but to be honest have been a bit underwhelmed by this.

There are some definite good things about this.

Firstly the packaging is gorgeous but for the price it should be. The second thing I like is that this is not heavily scented and is lightweight in texture. It is more of a gel then a cream and sinks in very quickly. You also don't need a lot so this 15ml size has lasted a lot longer then I expected. I only used at night and lasted a good couple of months.

Onto the things I didn't like, I just don't feel that it did anything. As I said I only used this in the evening, as I preferred to use the Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet in the morning, you can read my full post on that here. When I woke up my skin didn't feel noticeably different. I like my skin to feel softer and more hydrated in the morning after using a night cream but this just didn't do anything. It is marketed for Dry skin so did think that it would leave my skin more hydrated, but honestly products a fraction of the price offer more hydration in my opinion.

That leads me to the subject of price, 50ml of this will set you back £58. I know the Advanced Night Repair is expensive but hand on heart I notice a difference in my skin, this I don't.

This is obviously an anti-aging product and I am not sure what age you are 'meant' to start using these, but I still thought I would have noticed a difference. I don't think 28 is too young to be starting to worry about wrinkles and what not.

This is available from johnlewis.com for £58 for 50ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment