Wednesday 23 October 2013

Nails - Essie Sunday Funday

This post has been hanging around in my drafts for ages. The reason being that my camera or probably more likely, my photography skills just don't capture this shade correctly. As you can see it looks pretty much neon orange but it is actually a pinky coral. I have taken tonnes of photographs in all sorts of different lighting but this is the best I can do. The best swatches I have found are from thepolishaholic.com so if you haven't seen this shade pop on over to her blog.

This is from the same collection as Full Steamahead, which I reviewed here and Naughty Neautical which you can check out here. I have to say that this is my favourite, out of the three. It is a gorgeous summer shade, and I love the hint of shimmer in it. I have worn this loads and it even came away with me to Bulgaria.

I really do love Essie after trying out these polishes. The brush is amazing and it makes application so much easier. The formulation I also love, opaque in two coats and dries quickly. I would still always use a topcoat for longevity.

One last thing is that this is very similar to Nails Inc Mayfair Mews which I reviewed last year. The only difference is that this has a shimmer running through it. I also prefer the formulation of this as I found Mayfair Mews to be very sheer.

Although this is part of the summer collection this is still available from boots.com for £7.99 for the full size.

No comments:

Post a Comment