Friday 11 October 2013

Random Haul #5

I have bought a couple of things since my last haul. I was hoping to treat myself at Duty Free. But my local airport however is tiny and the one in Bulgaria wasn't much better, so I ended up buying nothing.
Just before my holiday I had a last minute panic that I wouldn't have enough bikinis so needed, yes needed, to do a last minute asos order. I ordered several bikinis (but only kept one) but needed to spend £100 to get free next day delivery. I was only a couple of quid short so spotted a Rimmel London Salon Pro nail polish for £3. I haven't tried any of the Rimmel nail polishes for years, but have heard good things about the Kate Moss range, so thought why not. The colour I got was 347 Disco Fever.  This is still available from asos.com for £3.
Whilst spending the day in Norwich with my mum I picked up a couple of bits from Superdrug. The first is the MUA Undress Your Skin Illuminating Foundation. I have wanted this since it featured on missbudgetbeauty.co.uk. I have never really tipped my toe into the drugstore foundations as I am so pale, I worry I will end up looking like an oompa loompa. I think that there are only three shades available, which is a bit poor. But I swatched two and they both looked pretty similar. I did go for porcelain to decrease the chance of looking orange. This was an absolute bargain as was on offer so was £3 for 35ml and it still appears to be on offer here.
The last thing I picked up from Superdrug was the MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist. I have always wanted to try one of the Urban Decay ones but couldn't really justify the price tag on a product I wasn't really sure I needed. I recently read a rave review on this, although annoyingly can't remember whose blog it was on. My mum also picked this up as she mentioned she has noticed that now she is getting older her makeup doesn't last as long. This is available from superdrug.com for £5 for 60ml.
Whilst I was walking down the aisles at Tesco I saw some Ardell Demi Wispies and knew I had to get them. I don't know if before I discovered YouTube I had been living under a rock but I had never heard of this brand before. I have attempted to wear false lashes before with little success, but I am sure paired with some tweezers and some tutorials I will be fine.  These were in the bargain end of the makeup aisle and I can't find them online at tesco.com but are available from superdrug.com.
The last product is Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair II I loved the original and now that the new version has the stamp of approval from carolinehirons.com getting the new improved version was a must. I picked this up from my local Boots and realize that I may have paid over the odds as I paid £48 however on boots.com it is £44. I have sent Boots an email asking if there has been a mistake. I always blindly assumed that the prices were the same, the response I got back was 

I can confirm that prices of items that we stock online and in store can vary. This is due to the fact that Boots.com and Boots Stores are two separate businesses and have their own respective Marketing teams. 

So there you have it, before you buy instore get out your phone and check you can't buy cheaper online.

Anyway I know I say this after every haul but must stop spending

No comments:

Post a Comment