Friday 3 January 2014

Birchbox December 2013

As featured in my last post, I received a subscription to Birchbox for Christmas. To see what else I got you can click here.
I was really pleased with what was in my first beauty box. I know it can be a bit hit and miss but this one was definitely a hit. The theme was a winter wonderland and is all about helping you sparkle and shine.
The first product was Nail Rock Glitter Red I am not sure how I feel about this as it looks messy, but the results look amazing. If I got this before Christmas I may have tried this out for the big day. This is available to purchase for £6.99 at birchbox.co.uk or feelunique.com.
Next up is a sample of Beauty Protector I have never heard of the brand but it promises to detangle, protect from heat and UV, seals, smooths, locks in colour and adds shine. I usually use drugstore heat protection on my hair, so I will be interested to see how this compares. You can purchase 236ml for £15 from birchbox.co.uk.
The one item that I am not sure about is the ModelCo Party Proof Matte Lipstick in the shade Get Naked. I haven't dabbled with nude lips since I was a teen and lets just say the results were horrendous. I will let you know how I get on with this. This is available as part of a trio for £15.50 from birchbox.co.uk.
The best item in my opinion is 25g of Laura Mercier Ambre Vanille Souffle Body Creme. I have heard so much about Laura Mercier bath and body products but never tried any. First up this smells amazing, the whole box smells of this and I haven't even opened it yet. I am going to save this for when I want a real treat. This is available from johnlewis.com for an eye watering £43.50 for 300g.
The last product is 15ml of Delarom Acquaconfort Mask which is another product I have never heard of but it promises to hydrate your skin, and right now my skin could do with some serious hydration. This should be available from birchbox.co.uk for £24.

Also included was a Twistband and $20 voucher for baublebar.comI am not that fussed about the Twistband as I never really wear my hair up but might give to one of my sisters.

This box has seriously impressed me, the lipstick is the only product that I wouldn't have picked but the rest are all items I can't wait to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment