Wednesday 22 January 2014

Birchbox January 2014

My second Birchbox recently arrived and I thought I would share what was included. This month is all about making 'small daily changes that will make a big difference' 
So what was in my box

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer I have this in various sizes but yet never seem to use regularly. I know a lot of people who are massive fans of this and when I have bothered to use this my hair has felt gorgeous. My hair has been very dry recently so I really should start using this. It claims it 'strengthens, nourishes and prevent breakages.' You can pick up 150ml for £24.20 from feelunique.com.

Benefit The POREfessional this is my third sample of this. I have finished one and I do think that this helps minimise pores however I am not overly enamoured with the feel of this. This along with the Philip Kingsley I feel are common beauty box and magazine freebies fodder. I am not sure if there are many people who haven't tried them already. You can purchase the full size of this for £24.50 from birchbox.co.uk or feelunique.com.

Rodial Bee Venom Moisturiser Bee Venom seems to be everywhere at the moment and I am looking forward to trying this. It claims to 'improve skin tone and elasticity' I can say without a shadow of doubt, that however amazing this is I will not be purchasing the full size as 50ml retails at £150. I have high hopes for this based on the rrp. If you have a spare £150 you can pick this up from birchbox.co.uk or spacenk.com.

Lavera Basis Sensitive Hand Cream I haven't heard of this brand before but unlike the Rodial this has a very purse friendly price. It includes shea butter and almond oil and this will be a very welcome addition to my handbag.  You can pick up 50ml for £4.45 from birchbox.co.uk.

Moa The Green Balm first up this is a very small sample but I have heard good things about this from a couple of YouTubers, so looking forward to trying this out. It is a multi purpose balm which you can cleanse with.  I haven't tried a balm cleanser but this seems like a good one to try out first. The full size 50ml is £9.00 from feelunique.com.

The last item was a Birchbox Eye Mask this can be popped in the fridge and is reusable. This is something that I probably wouldn't buy but think that this will definitely come in handy. You can pick this up for £10 from birchbox.co.uk.

Again I am happy with my box. I was a bit disappointed with the Philip Kingsley and the Benefit products as they do seem to be included in everything. They are good products so I will keep for travel. I am just hoping that I don't fall in love with the Rodial as I could never justify spending that sort of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment