Tuesday 22 July 2014

Where have I been?

Long time no see, as you may have noticed I haven't been blogging or posting anything for a while. I wasn't going to explain why not, after all it's no one business and no one was probably that worried. That said I decided to write this little post as an explanation.

It's not a secret that I have been studying towards my AAT Level 4 which takes a large chunk of my time. I had an exam in March and one in the beginning of July, hopefully that is it now unless I fail my last one. Please people keep your fingers crossed that I haven't. I tend to get very stressed before an exam ever spare moment is spent practising questions or re writing my notes for the 100th time.

Earlier in the year my grandmother was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and rapidly declined. Spending time with my family obviously became more important. She sadly passed away the week before my birthday and two weeks before my exam. My exam didn't seem that important and I spent as much time with my dad as I could. I debated about postponing my exam but decided to give it a bash and see what happened, luckily and surprisingly I passed.

Whilst this was all going on I still managed to post semi regularly but I found it had become another added pressure. I was trying to see my dad, study, blog and work full time. I was getting stressed out about not using something before I had taken photo's, trying to remember what I needed to post before it joined the empties pile - which was rapidly growing. I had bought and received stuff for my birthday which I wouldn't let myself use til I hauled.

Basically it was all getting a bit silly so I decided that is it I am done with blogging. I threw out all my empties, deleted all my drafts and most of my photos, and started using all the new products.

At first it was a relief but I started to miss posting, I still kept reading blogs and watching videos, and found some really good and not so good products. I have also been struggling with anxiety and have found it hard to find people who I know who are going through similar things.

I don't really know what will happen this little old blog, I started collected empties again a few month ago, many are mini's which I used up quite a while ago and not sure I can really give an in-depth review, but I might do a mini series none the less. I have also thought about writing about my anxiety, and just generally more personal stuff.

I guess this is actually just a post to say I have had a rough couple of months and my blog might change a bit. I hope you guys are all well and if there is anything you would like to see more of let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment