Wednesday 7 January 2015

TRESemme - Nourish & Renew Tonic


I have mentioned my scalp issues on here several times before and rely on Philip Kingsley to help but it is a tad pricey. I saw that TRESemme had come out with a scalp tonic so had to give it a go.

As with the Philip Kingsleys toner you apply directly to your scalp after washing and towel drying your hair. Unlike the Philip Kingsley one this includes sunflower seed oil and is therefore oily. I had to be careful not to put too much on as it can make your roots look limp and greasy. As well as being careful how much I put on I definitely had to wash my hair everyday with this, although I do that anyway.

The other down side to this was the nozzle, it blocked and when I tried to clear it obviously made the hole too big so ended up with way too much coming out.

These are the main downsides whether this is as effective as the Philip Kingsley one I am not sure, it didn't make my scalp worse. I did try making my own tonic which was a disaster, it left my hair and scalp sticky so if you are on a budget and a scalp toner is a must I would give this one a try.

I am still on the hunt for something that will clear my scalp 100% if anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

This is available from boots.com for £5.50 for 150ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment