Friday 18 October 2013

CHANEL - Vitalumiere Aqua

I am sure everyone has tried this, I think along with Nars Sheer Glow this has to be one of the most talked about foundations. I got this last year when I went to York, and can't believe that I haven't written  a post on this sooner.

As I am sure you know, you have to shake this before applying. If you don't shake it enough this is very watery and runny. On a side note about the shaking this is not a foundation to use if you are getting ready early and your boyfriend is still asleep.

As the name suggests this is very light, however a little goes a long way. I find the best way to apply is with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I apply a thin layer all over and then dab and blend a tiny bit extra on any redness. Obviously I still need concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes, but otherwise this really does provide enough coverage.

I like to use with a primer as I find foundations look and sit better on my skin with one. I personally don't have an issue with foundation lasting on my skin but other reviews have said that this could be better. Another thing to note about this is that this is scented, so if you are sensitive it might be worth testing before hand.

The best things about this foundation for me are the colour match. I am shade B10 which I believe is the lightest shade, but honestly I have never found anything which matches so well. 

The second is, this makes your skin look great without feeling like you are wearing anything. I hate it when you touch your face, and you can feel a layer of foundation. This feels like nothing but really perfects your skin.

The only thing I am not keen on is the packaging. I know a lot of people like the packaging, yes its lightweight and good for travel. But I don't travel that much and think that a brand such as Chanel could do a bit better. Another small thing with the packaging would be that it would be great to see how much of this is left.

Moan about the packaging over, I honestly love this foundation. Everytime I use it I remember why I love it so much. It is definitely worth the hype and is now my Holy Grail foundation. It's not cheap but I do think if you get your base right your more then half way there.

You can pick this up from debenhams.com for £32 for 30ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment